It is true.
Carved in stone, written in law.
On Tuesday, September 17th
every educator is required
to address our most important document.
The US Constitution.
Yes, the classroom rules of the United States of America.
In need of lesson idears?
Below you will find a pdf of Constitution Day Quotes,
Common Core Standards addressed,
and some implementation ideas.
1. Download the pdf of the quotes here and the aligned Common Core Standards here.
2. Make copies and save the day for all the unprepared teachers.
3. Put that poster maker to work and make a bulletin board.
4. Research the links below and use the quotes to conduct a Socratic Seminar.
The quotes should lead your class discussion from colonial rebellion to independence to fear of new tyrannical rule to defining democracy.
5. Encourage EVERYONE to read the Constitution.
Obvious, but rarely done.
Love your new format for the web sight and the Constitution Day ideas! Thanks, Larry
Tip: Focus on what you want – not on what you do
not want”- Dr. Michael Mercer & Dr. Mary Troiani in Spontaneous Optimism bookSecond, don’t play victim.
Can you tell us more about this? I’d love to find out more details.