The Quotationals Quote Bee™ is a contest where 4th-8th grade students compete to recite quotes verbatim from noteworthy speeches, literature, and sayings. The competition is the first of its kind and seeks to expose participants to a variety of authors, personalities, works of literature and poetry, in addition to new and challenging points of view.
Students begin by winning a school-site competition and progress to larger, regional contests where the 2010 Quotationals Champion is crowned. In addition to the awards, prizes, and honors awarded to winning students, every participant receives a meaningful intellectual challenge that encourages thought, reflection, and community dialogue.
You can download our Quote Bee brochure here.
If you are interested in setting up a competition at your school or educational site, the experienced educators at Quotationals are ready to provide the necessary materials, instruction, and support to help you in every step from set up to success.
The 3rd Annual Quotationals Quote Bee™ will take place March 10th, 2011 at Cal State San Bernardino. Enroll your school now by registering with the $100 entrance fee. Please provide:
- Name of School
- Contact Person
- Contact Phone Number
- Contact Email
Included with your registration:
- Quotationals Handbook – the rules for local and regional competitions in addition to hundreds of quotes for competition preparation
- Quips™ School-Site Curriculum
- CST-released and aligned pre-test and post-test to measure student growth
- Quips™ curriculum and Recipe Lesson Plans™ for use in quote club activities and intervention programs (see sample Recipe Lesson Plans™)
- Quips™ journal to graph weekly mini-competition scores, record Cultural Circle discussion topics, and reflect on quote interpretation
Register by sending us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.